If you are requesting publicity for a NTAL event (i.e.; Artist of the Month, Featured Artist, NTAL Show, etc.), please follow these guidelines.
1) Write a short press release (1 or 2 paragraphs). Be sure to include the 4 W’s: who, what, where and when for the event. Make it personable by including things like where you are from originally, where do you live now, what is your background, how do you make a living, what are your other hobbies, activities, family members, education. What makes you and/or your art unique and interesting, what medium do you work in, etc. Include a name and phone number for readers to call if they have questions or want more information.
You don’t have to include all this stuff. Your PR doesn’t have to be limited to these suggestions either. Make it unique, make it as interesting as your art. Don’t just submit your resume, editors and readers want something that will get and hold their attention.
Here is a resource if you need additional information on how to write a press release:
2) Provide a copy of your artist biography (Word .doc format)
3) Provide a JPEG of you posed with your art
4) Provide (3 or 4) additional JPEGs of examples of your work
5) Submit these items in an e-mail to the NTAL VP-Publicity John Henne
Please provide a minimum of (6) weeks before the start of the specified event
The NTAL PR person may proof read and edit your press release draft before sending it out but they are not going to write it for you. That is your responsibility. NTAL editor partners may or may not actually publish your PR. That depends on a lot of factors, such as, date of receipt, publication deadlines, available space in the publication, etc.
Just remember, the earlier you submit your information and the more interesting you make it, the more likely it is to be picked up by a publication and printed.
If you have questions please contact John Henne at: